United Jewelers Apartments Qualifying Criteria
1.) All rental applications must be in writing. A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (per person) is due with application. Applications will be accepted from anyone who would like to submit one unless the waiting list is closed. All application fees must be paid on one check or money order. Cash is not accepted. Must have picture ID to be copied when viewing and/or applying for an apartment.
2.) Total monthly household income (gross) must be at least
three- (3) times the amount of the monthly rent. Every source of
income must be listed by each household member and complete. Third
party income verification will be obtained by HRI Properties.
Falsification of information on an application is basis for
automatic denial, termination of lease and/or eviction.
3.)The same employer must employ prospective resident for no less than six-(6) months. If recently transferred, applicant must have six (6) months prior verifiable employment. Recent college graduates will be accepted without these requirements are not fulfilled. If self-employed or retired, applicant must provide photocopies of most recent tax returns, financial statements from a certified public accountant, or three recent bank statements showing proof of ability to pay rent for the term of the lease.
4.) HRI Properties occupancy standard is two persons per bedroom unit size.
6.) Applicant must provide one year of rental history. No evictions or unpaid rental debt (limited to property damage and rent due at time of move out) is accepted within the last twenty-four months. No more than four (4) insufficient rent checks are allowed.
7.)Applications will be automatically denied for the following:
- Any felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for theft of property, violence, injury to persons, damage to property, sexual or drug related offenses including pending cases and serving deferred adjudication or probation for a felony.
- Criminal convictions for a crime against a child.
- A violent offense in the past 7 years.
- A drug offense in the past 7 years.
- Burglary or theft during the past 7 years.
- Three or more of any convictions of a pattern of repeated/frequent police contacts.
- Applicant rental history that includes court eviction(s) in past five (5) years, landlord request(s) to leave apartment due to lease violations, or a poor rent payment history.
- Applicant has a pending bankruptcy.
- Any registered sex offender.
9.) A lease guarantor may be accepted if property management deems necessary. Guarantor must meet all qualifying criteria as well as proof of ability to support rental amount (i.e. paycheck stubs). Monthly income must be at least 5 times the rental amount. An application fee will be charged to the guarantor.
10.) Any deposit will be lost if applicant cancels after 72 hours of approval notification.
11.) All security deposits must be paid by lease signing.
12.) Non-U.S. citizens must provide a copy of their passport, green card or visa.
13.) Federal regulations requiring informing all residents that they must re-certify their annual gross income and family composition annually. All documentation is protected by the Privacy Act and will be kept confidential. Failure to cooperate at re-certification will result in immediate termination of your rental agreement.
14.) Pets are accepted. (Breed Restrictions Apply)
15.) Acceptance of this application by HRI Properties does not guarantee approval nor does it guarantee the applicant can move in on the day desired. Application process may require additional information from Applicant. All aspects of process must be completed.